Friday, July 20, 2012

Hello, Home for Dinner with Jamie Deen

Recently I caught an episode of Home for Dinner with Jamie Deen on the Food Network channel.  I have to tell you, I fell in love with this show.
First of all, when I watched Jamie Deen doing his thing in the kitchen, it didn't feel like I was watching a celebrity chef.  It felt like I was sitting in an old friend's kitchen talking to him while he was preparing some food.  When I get the rare opportunity to watch Rachel Ray or Sandra Lee, I don't get that feeling.  I feel like I am watching a celebrity chef cooking on TV.  But not with Jamie Deen.  And that made me want to keep watching.
Second, I LOVE his kitchen.  It is small, like an average home's kitchen would be.  In fact, I think his kitchen is smaller than mine!  But there are a lot of windows to let in warm bright sunshine, and it looks really comfortable.  And I can watch all the preparation and cooking without having to watch Jamie Deen walk this way and that way.  It stays pretty central.  I like that a lot.  Because in my kitchen, everything is pretty centrally located, and it makes more sense to me to have a cooking show that reflects how the average home is set up.
And third, this guys eats dinner with his family.  I love this part of the show so much that it has inspired me to reclaim our dining room and start eating dinner at the table again, instead of in front of the television.  Which the irony of this kind of makes me laugh...a television show inspiring me me to turn off the television.  I am so excited at the prospect of getting all the excess junk out of our dining room and redecorating it to make it more comfortable and inviting.  And I'm going to do it with as little money as possible.  With NO money, if possible.  Huh, now there's a challenge, isn't there?
Anyway, I just had to share my love for this show with you all.  Hopefully you too will be inspired to be "home for dinner" with your family too. Oh yes, and you can find out more about Jamie Deen's show at http://www.foodnetwork.com/chefs/jamie-deen/index.html.  Enjoy!

No comments: