Friday, August 10, 2012

Finders Keepers Fridays

Ah, Finders Keepers Fridays.  The day when I get to gush about something I found and loved!  Do you dislike wearing makeup as much as I do?  Or do you absolutely love wearing it?  Me, not so much.  At one point I did enjoy it.  But now, with a preschooler and an infant, it has become more of a chore to wear makeup than a pleasure.  But I also dislike looking so...un-put-together.  Is that even a word?  But I found the perfect answer.  It's called Aveeno Positively Radiant Tinted Moisturizer.
I hemmed and hawed about buying this moisturizer.  A couple of years ago I was an Avon rep, and I used their Mark brand tinted moisturizer.  I loved it!  But alas, I ran out.  And I'm lazy.  I didn't want to go through the process of finding a Mark or Avon representative, ordering, and then waiting for the item to arrive.  Although, I do know that I could have chosen a rep online and ordered that way, but I still didn't want to wait.  (By the way, Avon is a wonderful company, and they DO have great products, so don't let my lazy impatience keep you from trying them out!)
Anyway, you know how you see something in the store, but you just aren't sure if it is worth the price?  Well, that is how I was feeling about Aveeno's tinted moisturizer.  It was kind of spendy in my book.  Yep, that's me...$14.99 is spendy.  But I had a $2.00 off coupon, so I thought I would try it out.
Photo courtesy of www.aveeno.com
When I first put it on, it felt kind of greasy on my skin, and since I am pretty fair, I bought the "fair to light" version, and it seemed like it was a bit too "fair to light", even for my skin.  Which is not good, because I have naturally very oily skin, so anything that feels greasy does not work for me.  But after about 2 or 3 minutes the moisturizer had lost that greasy feeling (anyone else feel like singing "You've lost that loving feeling, ooooh that loving feeling..." and changing the words to "You've lost that greasy feeling, oooh that greasy feeling"?  No? Just me?  Okay.), and my skin actually did look more, dare I say it, radiant?
Score one for combining the power of a moisturizer and giving me light coverage that makes me feel like I am wearing makeup without actually having to think about wearing makeup!  One less thing I have to worry about in my morning routine.
So yep, Aveeno Positively Radiant Tinted Moisturizer is definitely worth the cost, and definitely a "Keeper" for all the rushed moms out there.
And just in case someone out there is wondering, I did not receive any compensation from Aveeno for trying this product, nor did they send me a free sample.  In fact, they don't even know I exist.  You know, just to keep the record straight.
Enjoy your Friday!

No comments: